Due to the school closure, we have created a range of online links to resources, activities and exercises that pupils can engage with at home.
If you have any questions related to distance learning you can email email@example.com We may not reply immediately, but we'll do our best!
Seesaw is our way of communicating directly between the children and their teacher.
It can be accessed in a web browser at https://app.seesaw.me on a computer or install the Seesaw Class App on an iOS OR Android. Please ensure that the children have logged in using their new home learning QR codes.
Children’s login details can be found in their home learning packs sent home on 20th March or were sent via messenger by their class teacher. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are having any issues logging in.
Teachers will be regularly updating Seesaw with activities for children to do and will respond to comments. Children just have to post a message on or add an image or file for teachers to view. They can also use voice recorder but they will need to download on Google Chrome to access this.
Children in Playgroup and Nursery
Here are some presentations about maths, reading and Easter that Miss Hughes has found which you might want to show and talk to your child about:
- https://www.topmarks.co.uk/ MathleticsMultiplication TablesBy the end of Year 4, children are expected to know all of their multiplication tables up to 12x12 and be able to recall them within 6 seconds.
- Here are some useful online activities to help you practice and learn them:
- There is a ‘Speedy Times Tables Challenge’ on Google Classroom for KS2 children.
- Weekly tasks have been set on Mathletics (https://www.mathletics.com/uk/ ) for children in Years Reception – Year 6 - logins are in children's home school packs.
- Parents are still encouraged to use Seesaw to demonstrate what children are learning and experiencing at home or out and about. In the upcoming weeks, Miss Hughes will try her best to comment on Seesaw updates and set new challenges!
- Tables Check Activity https://mathsframe.co.uk/en/resources/resource/477 (remember that the: 6, 7, 8, 9 and 12 tables appear more often in the Year 4 tables check!)
- Super Maths Bowling – Multiplication https://mathsframe.co.uk/en/resources/resource/504/Super-Maths-Bowling-Multiplication
- Stone Age Stu https://mathsframe.co.uk/en/resources/resource/544/Stone-Age-Stu-Times-Tables
- Archery Arithmetic - Multiplication https://mathsframe.co.uk/en/resources/resource/399
- Hit the Button – Times Tables https://www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-games/hit-the-button
- Tables Tennis - http://ictgames.com/tablesTennis/mobile/index.html
- Times Tables Songs - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGWMPqh04o4&list=PLaSZ7kwwxKqV9LMVo6h7Vx36mPybTo14B Telling the Time
- Being able to tell the time is not only part of the National Curriculum but also an important life skill – any practice that children could do at home would be really helpful. Here are some great games:
- Telling the time in words - https://mathsframe.co.uk/en/resources/resource/343
- Telling the time on a digital clock - https://mathsframe.co.uk/en/resources/resource/116
- Adding time word problems - https://mathsframe.co.uk/en/resources/resource/118
- Find the start time - https://mathsframe.co.uk/en/resources/resource/119
- NumberFit - A free online home-school hotline providing parents and students with free maths sessions.
Please continue to read as much as possible at home.
Children can login to Reading Eggs and practice phonics skills and read online books.
We love reading at Borderbrook and so to encourage the children to read for pleasure more. Free, online books can be found here:
- Oxford Owl has over 200 free e-books to read with your child - https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/for-home/
- Here are some classic children's books, free to read or listen to - https://www.researchify.co.uk/audiobooks.html
- Join Wrexham Library to rent children’s e-books for free – https://wcbc-self.achieveservice.comSpelling/Grammar and PunctuationPhonicsThese link to the RWI phonic scheme we follow in school already.Reception - Play the games at Phase 2 and Phase 3 LevelsYear 2 – Play the games at Phase 6 Level
- Year 1 – Play the games at Phase 4 and Phase 5 Levels (National phonics check in June)
- This is what we recommend on these games:
- Daily videos of phonics lessons can be found here: - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo7fbLgY2oA_cFCIg9GdxtQ/videos
- On the IXL app that the children have been using for Maths, there is an English section with a wide range of spelling and grammar tasks that the class teacher will be setting for the children.
- Phonics Play: Free interactive activities to help your child learn the sounds and how they are taught in school. Split into different 'phases'. https://www.phonicsplay.co.uk/freeIndex.htm
- Teach Your Monster to Read: Free interactive activities to help your child learn the sounds and how they are taught in school. Split into different 'phases'. https://www.teachyourmonstertoread.com/blog/teach-monster-learn-to-read-app-free-coronavirusA variety of writing tasks will be set by the class teacher via Seesaw and Google classroom.
- Sentence Stacking - https://www.youtube.com/user/Devouefrenchbulldogs/videosEnrichmentTwinkl are offering free access for all parents and carers until the end of April. Go to https://www.twinkl.co.uk/offer and sign up. Use the promo code UKTWINKLHELPS. Twinkl Go has some fun and educational games and activities.
- BBC Services
- Look and Read
- Through the Dragon’s Eye - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL44F2EF09768DF6A0
- Geordie Racer – https://photos.app.goo.gl/FcpLYWjmPfc4Yigf6
- Sky Hunter II - https://photos.app.goo.gl/sn2WJyQrSmbB3Gcr8
- Spywatch - https://photos.app.goo.gl/P7E65IZtluAg8dlD3
- Legend of the Lost Keys - https://photos.app.goo.gl/admHFaCL6v17zFeG6The Body Coach has recently uploaded lots of 5-minute workout videos for children to do at home to keep them active - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLyCLoPd4VxBvPHOpzoEk5onAEbq40g2-kA selection of videos created by child development experts based on movement and mindfulness: http://www.gonoodle.comUse your imagination to complete these 30 days of Lego challenges - https://twitter.com/DrJacieMaslyk/status/1239173501233266688Cook a Long at home: https://www.facebook.com/stevebackshallofficial/?utm_source=Keep%20your%20kids%20entertained&utm_medium=Blog&utm_campaign=Wildlife%20with%20steveScience with Maddie Moate11am on weekdays are the perfect opportunity to tune into Maddie to learn all about science and nature. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQh2wgJ5tOrixYBn6jFXsXQ?utm_source=Keep%20your%20kids%20entertained&utm_medium=Blog&utm_campaign=Music%20with%20MyleneIndoor Learninghttps://www.scouts.org.uk/the-great-indoors/Teachers are available Monday-Friday 8am-4:30pm for any support you email@example.com
- The Great Indoors will be a weekly live video feed and activities include making lolly-stick catapults, origami and designing and making hot-air balloons and all activities can be done in the house or garden.
- She’s uploading to the new youtube channel twice a week.
- Music with Myleene Klass
- On Facebook every day at 9.30am, Steve will be answering questions all about wildlife, biology, conservation and geography.
- Wildlife with Steve Backshall
- Easy recipes to try at home
- Lego Challenges
- Go Noodle
- HIIT Workout